In this policy
- “our”, “we”, “us” or “TGH” means Tainui Group Holdings Limited.
- “you” means you, the person using visiting our website
- “services” means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website
2. Information we collect
If you are just reading information on our website, then we collect and store the following information:
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using
- your browsing behaviour
- the date and time you are visiting
- the URLs of the pages you visit
- if you use the ‘contact us’ webform (your first name, last name, email, phone number)
- if you apply for a role or position here at our company we collect some information to support this process
3. How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- To communicate with you. If you choose to provide us with personal information such as your email address, for example by filling out an electronic query or contact us form, we will use the information to communicate with you in relation to your inquiry. See below to understand how to access and or review your data.
- For recruitment purposes. When you apply for a role advertised on our website we use this information to support the recruitment process. See below to understand how to access and or review your data.
- How our website is used. We use Google Analytics to provide insights into how our website is used (see below for more detail).
- To understand the user’s language preference when they visit our website (see below for more detail).
Personal information will be stored and used in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
Our website uses third party cookies. Cookies are a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a page tailored to a particular user.
Our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for the below purpose:
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our site.
- The Tainui Group Holdings website is available in both Te Reo Maaori and English. We have a cookie that remembers your language preference for our website. This cookie stores the user’s language preference so that the correct content can be loaded when the user returns to the site.
While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of our website, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. Most browsers allow you to control management of cookies, this will be different depending on each user’s PC – refer to your browser help menu for further information.
5. Access to your information
You have the right to access to personal information we hold about you where it is stored in such a way that it can be readily be retrieved. If you wish to access information that we store about you contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to access and review your data at any time, you also have the right
to request that your data be erased. To request this please email email@example.com
6. Opting out
7. How do I file a complaint?
If you feel that your email address has been used without your permission and contacting the sender has not yielded satisfactory results you can issue a formal complaint by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Changing this policy
We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will tell you about any changes by posting an updated policy on our website. Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the website.